Cagliari, the city you did not expect
It takes little time to feel at home in Cagliari. Those who have already been here always want to return, to take a stroll in the old neighbourhoods amidst flowered balconies and parks where strawberries, lavender and watermelons grow. Throughout history, different peoples arrived by sea and conquered the city before defending it themselves afterwards, only to surrender once again to new arrivals. Those who have come have left their mark, a reason why we can walk among Phoenician and Roman ruins, and also admire imposing towers built by Pisa standing tall next to sumptuous Spanish palaces.
The narrow streets of the old city always open up onto wonderful terraces where we can admire views over beaches and long stretches of water where thousands of pink flamingos wait for the sun to set before gliding over rooftops to astonish those who turn their heads up. The restaurants overlook small squares and keep intact the traditions of Sardinian cuisine. Cagliari is this and more, an ideal place where culture, sounds, flavours and aromas blend together like mouth-watering secret ingredients that are sure to make our experience truly unique and unforgettable.
• Immerse yourself in the narrow flowered alleys of the districts of Marina and Castello, among medieval churches, ancient gates that lead into sumptuous palaces, artisan shops, small squares and unexpected breathtaking views.
• Get to know the history of another Cagliari destroyed in the Middle Ages and whose memory as been lost: the Judicial city of Santa Igia.
• Discover the boundless Poetto city beach with its clean and transparent sea.
• See pink flamingos in their natural environment.
• Conclude the experience with a glass of wine accompained by tasty products of the Sardinian tradition that, if required, will also be suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Charge: 60 euros per person
Children 0-5 years: 0 euros
Kids 6-12 years: 30 euros
• Tour guide.
• Tasting wine.
Duration: 4 hours.
Departure time: 9 am, 16 pm.
Participants: min 2, Max 4
Pick-up from your hotel. Please provide hotel details during booking process.
Free transfer within a distance of 20km from Cagliari city center. Additional fees will aplly for other areas.
We are aware of travellers’ needs and food choices, the reason why Sardfulness is committed to provide menus that are suitable for vegetarians, vegans and people with food intolerances or allergies.