The hidden villages of Armungia and Villasalto
Deep in the mountains, we find two small towns, part of a living museum where, at its centre, for thousands of years, has stood a prehistoric tower, the nuraghe of Armungia. This town has grown around it, stone by stone, and to visit it feels like going back in time, to relive ancient crafts and new emotions.
The scent of the myrtle leads us along a path trailed by miners and peasants, before arriving at the fields and the old mine of Villasalto, the neighbouring town where each family still owns a vineyard and raises goats without a hitch. Some one thousand inhabitants live here, surrounded by mountains where mouflons, foxes and wildcats still roam.
We visit places where the past and the present barely meet because time does not seem to ever pass. We open the wooden doors of old houses into flowered courtyards, to find old cellars and kitchens inside, and to sit at the table with men and women who have been waiting to meet us and share food with us.
• Discover the age-old towns of Armungia and Villasalto.
• Visit one of the most renown stone houses of Armungia, the Casa Lussu.
• Meet the weaving masters in their workshop to admire the wooden frames and the precious carpets they make with patience and according to tradition.
• Experience archaeological sites and taste delicious food made with ancient recipes and local ingredients.
• Take a tour of an artisan distillery to learn the secrets of a recipe that has been handed down through generations for the production of mirto, the most renown liqueur of our island.
• Feel as if among friends with the inhabitants of these two towns.
Charge: 150 euros per person
Children 0-5 years: 0 euros
Kids 6-12 years: 75 euros
• Tour guide.
• food, wine and mirto tastings.
• Lunch at the farmhouse or restaurant.
Duration: 10 hours.
Departure time: 9 am.
Participants: min 2, max 4.
Free pick-up from your hotel or other accommodation if no further than 20km from the city centre of Cagliari. An additional fee is charged for other areas. Please provide your accommodation details when booking the tour.
We are aware of travellers’ needs and food choices, the reason why Sardfulness is committed to provide menus that are suitable for vegetarians, vegans and people with food intolerances or allergies.