The Punic-Roman city of Nora
After crossing a beautiful beach, we walk along a small hill to the temple of an ancient female punic deity: Tanit, the goddess of love and fertility. We look out slowly and stand before the city of Nora with its baths, villas, small houses and the theatre, which today still hosts poets, actors and prominent musicians during the hot summer nights.
Along the ancient Roman roads, nothing around us goes unnoticed: the beauty of the mosaics, the noise of the waves crushing on the ruins that emerge out of the water, the marble blocks scarred by the passing of time, the columns that remain standing despite plundering and storms. It is a journey to follow the traces of rich merchants, young sailors and holy soldiers revered by an entire population.
- Visit the archaeological site of Nora, one of the most important Punic-Roman settlements in the Mediterranean.
- Learn the story of Sant’Efisio, the martyred soldier who Christians believe freed the city of Cagliari from the plague in 1656.
- Spend pleasant moments on the lovely beach of Nora, a few hundred meters from the archaeological site.
- Conclude the experience with a glass of wine accompained by tasty products of the Sardinian tradition that, if required, will also be suitable for vegetarians.
Charge: 100 euros per person
Children 0-5 years: 0 euros
Kids 6-12 years: 50 euros
INCLUSIONS / EXCLUSIONS
• Tour guide.
• Entrance ticket to the archaeological site of Nora.
DURATION / DEPARTURE TIME
Duration: 4 hours.
Departure time: 9 30 am, 15 pm.
HOTEL PICKUP / N° PARTICIPANTS
Participants: min 2, Max 2.
Free hotel pick-up is only available from hotels in the metropolitan area of Cagliari.
We are aware of travellers’ needs and food choices, the reason why Sardfulness is committed to provide menus that are suitable for vegetarians, and people with food intolerances or allergies.