Two days in the villages of Armungia and Villasalto
We spend two days in the heart of Gerrei, one of the most unspoiled regions of Sardinia. The tour is a unique journey to get in touch with ourselves and with the slow pace of a community that guards an incredible heritage of traditions and culture which can offer unexpected experiences.
We wake up in the heart of the town of Armungia, a living museum, where in the centre stands a nuraghe, a prehistoric Bronze Age tower. We have breakfast in a flowered courtyard of an old house from the mid-1800s. We then visit a small vineyard at the foot of an oak forest that hides archaeological treasures which are still a mystery. And we take a stroll among the stone houses of Villasalto, a small town of a thousand inhabitants, surrounded by mountains where mouflons, foxes and wildcats still roam.
We visit places where the past and the present barely meet because time does not seem to ever pass. We open the wooden doors of old houses into flowered courtyards, to find old cellars and kitchens inside, and to sit at the table with men and women who have been waiting to meet us and share food with us.
• Discover the age-old towns of Armungia and Villasalto.
• Visit one of the most renowned stone houses of Armungia, the Casa Lussu.
• Meet the weaving masters in their workshop to admire the wooden frames and the precious carpets they make with patience and according to tradition. You can also have a unique experience by taking part in the weaving and the spinning of the wheel.
• Visit a small vineyard and discover the local wines.
• Try new dishes to learn the secrets of our cuisine.
• Spend two days among archaeological sites partaking of delicious food made with ancient recipes and local ingredients.
• Take a tour of an artisan distillery to learn the secrets of a recipe that has been handed down through generations for the production of mirto, the most renowned liqueur of our island.
• Feel as if among friends with the inhabitants of these two towns.
Charge: 250 euros per person
Children 0-5 years: 0 euros
Kids 6-12 years: 125 euros
• Tour guide.
• “Emilio e Joyce Lussu” museum entrance ticket.
• Food, wine and mirto tastings.
• Weaving demonstration
• Accommodation at the B&B Casa Lussu in Armungia
• Lunch at the farmhouse or restaurant.
Duration: 2 days.
Departure tima: 9 am.
Participants: min 2, max 2.
Free pick-up from your hotel or other accommodation if no further than 20km from the city centre of Cagliari. Please provide your accommodation details when booking the tour.
We are aware of travellers’ needs and food choices, the reason why Sardfulness is committed to provide menus that are suitable for vegetarians, vegans and people with food intolerances or allergies.